Monday, February 27, 2017

Mein erster Tag: Day 1


We arrived at the airport to find that my suitcase weighed 20 more pounds than was allowed. I knew this. However, I was hoping to get a nice person to check my bag so that I would have been able to bring my 10 pairs of shoes. Not so lucky. After saying goodbye to Mom, Dad and Lily, I was off. 

After a wifi-less, 7 hour flight I arrived in Frankfurt we were on our way to Esslingen. I thought that I could overcome the jet-lag by staying up late the night before I left so that I would sleep better on the plane; haha, good idea, Nat. Long story short, I was very tired and it was nine in the morning. We manaaged to keep myself awake by going on a nature walk (which is something that my family would never, ever do) and playing Egyptian Rap Slap. 

Today, Joern and I went (biked, rather) to his grandparents house so that he could get a haircut from his grandpa's barber. His grandma doesn't speak any english so I had a good opportunity to practice my german. After Joern's haircut, we biked downtown because I wanted to walk around. It turns out that Joern never really goes downtown, so we ended up having to look up directions to navigate our way out (Joern is a very seasoned native, I noticed). After panting up the hill a ways, we went to the Esslinger Burg (Castle) and went home. Which brings me to the present.

Tomorrow, we leave for Barcelona.

signing off,

Nat



No comments:

Post a Comment